Jan 20, 2009



Can you believe is has been eight years since.....I have been able to wear earrings!!!! Yes one day, I picked out my earrings like usual, headed to Olympia High School where I was student teaching and then it began; the itching, burning, the swelling of my earlobes! From that day on, I have only been left to wear necklaces, bracelets, one brand of watch that I am not allergic to, and thank goodness my beautiful ring!! I tried every type of earring, nail polish, neosporen and to no avail, immediate reactions, until this Saturday!

My parents and I were headed to Bellevue to go to a nice dinner and an opera to celebrate my dad's birthday (It is actually today, so Happy Birthday Dad! You are the best!!!!) We got up there early, and went to the Bellevue square mall. I have had my eye on some amazing jewelry for the wedding from the Swarovski store and since they have one there we decided to check it out. The jewelry is amazing! I had pretty much came to the conclusion that I would be wearing clip-ons for the wedding but then the sales lady said that their earrings are made with surgical steel. So I gave it a shot! One minute passed.....nothing, five minutes...still nothing, day three wearing them ....still no signs of an allergic reaction!!! Yea. I LOVE these earrings, however, in retrospect I probably should have purchased something a bit more universal while my ears get used to earrings again, I will look pretty silly sporting these with my Tumwater High School sweatshirt this Friday:) Now I am going to scour the Internet for other earring manufactures that may use surgical steel too!!!!

1 comment:

Carol said...

Congratulations! That is awesome. I know what you're getting for your birthday... IF I can find surgical steel earrings anywhere...